What is an MSP?
An MSP, or Managed Service Provider, is a business model used by companies providing information technology (IT) services. An MSP typically provides a suite of services such as network management, remote monitoring, cybersecurity, etc. to facilitate the technology needs of its customers.
While every MSP is different in one way or another, the most common IT solutions they provide usually include:
- Cloud computing and storage solutions.
- Cybersecurity solutions from antivirus and firewall protection to real-time ransonmware monitoring.
- Backup and recovery systems that allow businesses to restore data in the event of a disaster or ransomware attack.
- Email solutions such as Office365.
- Remote network monitoring and management to systems online and running smoothly.
- Reports, audits, system reviews, training, and technology consultation services.